Continuing a trend of starting another project before finishing the last I've decided I need some transfers to use with my DKOK stuff. Although I like the FW stuff I think the price is pretty excessive.
A quick scout around the internet came back with a low quality picture and a YouTube video which i can use as reference for mine.
Here's my work so far. Not too bad for a couple of hours
Digging through some boxes of 40K stuff, I discovered some impulse buys from eBay ( hand's up if you done it?) Theses were some badly put together and painted Chimera's. As usual I managed to have to many projects on the go so never go around to stripping them and making them look decent.
So... while trawling the internet I discovered some pictures of some scenery both FW and GW did with a damaged Chimera. I want one!!!!
As usual the price and rarity on eBay are like winning the lottery twice in a week! So I decided to create something similar.
Out came the mini drill and assorted tools. A quick trip to the local art store for some sculpey and then start marking out the layout on a bit of foam card.
Luckily I made a mould of some sandbags a few years ago so save a load of time and effort having to create more. I was just able to press some sculpey into the open mould and create loads of sections to form the outer wall.
Digging through the bits box gave me some nice items add to the scene. Some extra plasticard was used to make some floor panels and the scene was taking shape.
Next was to start texturing the ground. Fine grit, wall filler and pva created a nice sticky gunk that was easy to spread out and give the effect of a muddy wasteland. A couple of applications seemed to be enough.
Next up the last of my precious rtv supply. Oh boy did I get through some! I think this was a full 2L tub but as you will see I think it was worth it. I haven any pictures of the de moulding of the master as it pretty much disintegrated during the process.
Next I realised I had very little resin left and this was going to take a fair amount unless I could find some filler. Packing foam seemed to do an ok job (pink bits in the first picture), The remaining pictures are the de-moulding of the first cast.