Wednesday 13 August 2014

Titans and how to join tubing to form a T joint

Taking a break from the current project, I've been waylay making a Reaver Titan. I'll be uploading some pictures of the progress in a few days. I'm loosely following a really good set of plans which can be found here:

www.papercraftsquare.com

the main issues I have are firstly the Head. It does not resemble the Reaver at all. For this I'm going to have to redesign it. Secondly the upper leg really does not look good.

If you compare the following pictures you'll see what I mean.

Papercraft Titan
FW Reaver Titan
I mostly have the leg issue sorted thanks to the following site. http://metalgeek.com/
Each leg will be formed from the following parts

2x 10mm pvc tube 110mm long (inner pistons)
1x 20mm pvc tube 110mm long (outer pistion)
15mm pvc tube will be used for the ends of the 10mm piston and 25mm pvc tube will be used to for the 20mm pistion.

The top ball joint will made from a curtain pole end and some 30mm tubing. the bottom of the leg assembly will be formed from 20mm tube.

All this should roughly equate to what's depicted in the following picture.



No comments:

Post a Comment